These little guys are simply delicious. They are full of healthy ingredients and are a perfect alternative to the meaty sausage. I love making these for Frankie and the family cause I know we’re all getting our veg and a solid source of fibre. The fibre in the butter beans help with the digestion process and makes us feel fuller for longer. You can’t go wrong with serving this little number with a side of mash potato or our potato bites.
- 250g Butter Beans (also known as Lima Beans)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Zucchini (grated)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 Egg
- Drain the butter beans and place them in a large bowl.
- Using a potato masher (or fork) mash up the beans till smooth.
- Sauté the onion, zucchini and carrot till soft and slightly caramelised and add to the beans.
- Add the breadcrumbs, cheese and egg and mix it all together.
- Heat up a pan with some olive oil and working in batches, roll a small handful of the mixture into a sausage shape and place on the pan. Your hands will get messy, so best done in batches placed straight onto the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes so the sausage is nicely browned and serve.
*Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.